Within this policy Runtime IT Solutions may be referred to as ‘Runtime IT Solutions’, ‘Runtime’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘we’.
Runtime IT Solutions values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with including staff, volunteers, clients and potential clients. Runtime is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us and what you choose to share with us.
The personal information we collect may include:
- Email Address(s)
- Telephone number(s)
- Your business name and your role within that business.
- Any relevant information pertaining to your business for us to better understand your needs.
- Your education & career experience (when registering your interest in a career with us).
- Your career preference (when registering your interest in a career with us).
- Payment information (for the purposes of business transactions).
- Browser information and geo-location data for analytic purposes .
- Information you provide by feedback, surveys, polls & formal correspondence.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information from you via:
- Phone interactions.
- Email interactions.
- Website interactions.
- Social media interactions.
- Surveys, questionnaires, polls, and feedback forms.
- Mailing list / newsletter subscriptions.
- Application forms for employment or as contractor or volunteer.
- Other publicly available sources of information.
Collecting personal information from third parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. Any information collected is directly related to any dealings with you and or your business.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our business functions and activities, including the following:
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- Deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering.
- Improve the quality of the services we deliver to you.
- Internal administrative purposes.
- Marketing and advertising purposes.
- For the purposes of employment and or training.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
There are times when your personal information is required to be disclosed to third parties. Disclosure of your personal information is for the purpose of service improvement, providing services to you, and or if required but authorities/law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in certain circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information.
For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Our third-party service providers (for example, our software providers);
- Our financial institution (for the purpose of invoicing & payment for services);
- Our marketing providers;
- Our professional services advisors;
- Our training providers (where you are employed/training/volunteering with Runtime IT Solutions);
- Where required or authorised by law.
Transfer of personal information overseas.
Some of the third-party service providers we disclose personal information to may be based in countries outside of Australia. As such they may store your personal information on servers located outside of Australia, including in United States of America, Asia Pacific region, and United Kingdom.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained.
Our website(s) use Google Analytics to help us better understand visitor traffic, so we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including Mail, SMS, Email, Linkedin or in accordance with applicable marketing laws.
You consent to us sending you direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by emailing and advising your preference to opt-out.
Links to third party sites.
Runtime website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third-party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third party website.
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party provider or website.
Third-party providers / websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
How do we protect your personal information?
Runtime will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
- Having physical security of our premises and storage areas containing databases/records;
- Taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively provide services to you;
- Having technological measures in place such as Anti-Virus, firewalls, encryption;
- Providing training and policies to our staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities;
- Ensuring that if for any reason there be a breach of your privacy, you will be notified as soon as practicable.
Retention of personal information.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us, unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws.
How to access and correct your personal information.
We endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date.
If you wish to make a request to access and / or correct the personal information we hold about you, you should make a request by contacting us and we will action your request as soon as practicable.
Inquiries and complaints.
For inquiries or complaints about how Runtime IT Solutions handles, processes or manages your personal information, please email us.
** Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your inquiry. **
How to contact us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us for assistance as follows:
Runtime IT Solutions
Phone: 1300 730 331
This Policy was last reviewed and updated on: 04/09/2023